More From SELECTING A MOVING COMPANY
- Important Questions to Ask a Perspective Mover
- What Can a Moving Company Do for You?
- Using a Moving Professional
- Decide on the Right Moving Company for You
- Finding the Right Moving Company Using Free Moving Quotes
- Hiring a Good Moving Company with Moving Estimates
- Hunting for the Right Moving Company
- Things You Need to Look for in the Right Moving Company
- Moving Vans for Students, Relocating To a Dormitory
- Moving Packages as a Great Way to Find the Right Company
- Knowing Whether or Not You Need Residential or Business Movers
- Finding State to State Movers Who are Affordable
Things You Need to Look for in the Right Moving CompanyRelocating your family can be a severe physical and mental strain, especially if you and your family try to move without professional assistance. A professional moving company can help ease the burden of moving, both when preparing for the move and during the move itself. However, if you plan to hire a professional moving company, it is very important to research potential movers thoroughly, as a dishonest or unreliable moving company can turn a difficult move into a nightmare.
You want to be certain that the moving company you hire will fulfill your needs. How can you be sure that the moving company you are considering is trustworthy? Look for the following items when selecting a moving company:
- Free estimates. Any reliable moving company should give you a free estimate for your moving job during a home consulation. While the company's representative is conducting his or her inspection, make certain that you show the representative everything that will be moved. Pay special attention to any large furniture and major appliances, as these oversized items will compose a major portion of your final bill.
- Insurance policies. The strength of a company's insurance policy is an important factor when choosing between different moving companies. Study each potential mover's policies and procedures so that you will know what your options are if an item is lost or damaged during a move. You should also make sure that you will not be held liable for any injuries during the move.
- Packing services. Some companies include packing service as part of their standard fee, which may make the move easier on your and your family. However, if you decide to allow others to pack your belongings, keep an inventory of your possessions and which boxes they end up in. An inventory will make it easier for you to track lost packages and unpack at your final destination.
- Transportation. Find out what kind of vehicles the moving company has available for your move. Take the opportunity to make sure the moving company knows exactly where your new home is, as well.
- Ability to protect furniture. Find reviews of the company and make sure that the company's employees know how to properly protect your belongings from the potential hazards of moving.
- Discounts and package deals. While researching moving companies, find out whether the company offers any discounts or savings on package deals. Some companies offer a discount against the total invoice if the customer chooses a complete moving package, including packing, loading, storage, transportation and unloading. Additionally, some companies may charge higher rates during certain times of the week or month; make sure that you find out which dates are more expensive so that you can avoid them.
- The company's physical address. Try to visit each company you're considering for your move. See what kind of operation the company runs, how the employees act when in their home facility, and what technologies and policies the company uses to safeguard their customer's possessions.